One type of barcode that has quickly gained popularity is QR codes. With the right applications, you can create and read these codes without the need for any special devices. In this article we will analyze what you need and how to create and read a QR Code
Create QR codes
- Step 1: Download, install and run the free program QRGen .
- Step 2: Select the type of password you want to make. You can choose between Text, URL, SMS, Email, Phone, Communication, Wi-Fi, Geo Tag, and BlackBerry Messenger PIN.
- Step 3: Fill in the required fields in the right part of the window.
- Step 4 (optional): Adjust the quality, margin, and pixel size.
- Step 5: Click the Generate QR Code button.
- Step 6: Select whether you want to save your work as BMP or PNG.
(An alternative is to create qr-codes from the site http://www.qr-code-generator.com)
Reading from a file
- Step 1: Download, install and run the free program CodeTwo QR Code Desktop Reader .
- Step 2-a: Choose to upload from a file and go to the location of the code… .. or
- Step 2-b: Select from the screen and drag a square box onto the code displayed on your screen.
- Step 3: Copy to clipboard or save to a file. The result is a simple txt file.
Reading from a camera
Note: You need to have it installed Adobe AIR to work properly.
- Step 1: Download, install, and run it QReader .
- Step 2: Hold a QR Code still for a few seconds in front of a connected camera.
- Step 3 (optional): Press the gear key (the gear on the top left) to make the program open the url automatically.