To Celebrate 20's Anniversary of Dell Precision Workstations, Dell Announces additions to the portfolio of desktop systems Dell Precision Workstation, a Special Anniversary Edition of Dell Precision 5520 and Dell Official Availability Canvas, the new digital creation device.
At the SIGGRAPH 2017 conference, Dell customers and partners first saw the next generation of the portfolio at fixed workstations with Dell Precision 5820 Tower, Precision 7820 Tower, Precision 7920 Tower and Precision 7920 Rack, which are completely redesigned, externally, aiming to offer power to more creative applications.
The three new Dell Precision tower models combine a brand new, innovative and versatile chassis with powerful performance thanks to the latest Intel Xeon processors, next-generation Radeon Pro graphics and the most efficient NVIDIA Quadro cards for professional use.
Systems are certified for professional software applications, and configured to complete even the most complex projects, such as content development for virtual reality applications.
Exclusive Dell Reliable Memory Technology (RMT) Pro ensures that increased memory requirements will not have a negative impact on your applications, while proprietary Dell Precision Optimizer (DPO) technology optimizes performance for hardware and software configurations.
Fully customizable configuration options provide the flexibility required to meet each application, such as:
• The latest Intel Xeon processors are an excellent choice for AI, with flexible performance across a wide range of applications including machine learning and deep learning. For customers starting with AI applications, the new Dell Precision tower workstations allow the use of optimized software on an existing Intel infrastructure.
• NVIDIA Quadro® GP100 also offers strength in the development and deployment of cognitive applications such as mechanical learning and deep learning. Other graphics NVIDIA Pascal GPUs, including HBM2 memory, and NVLink technology, deliver unparalleled levels of power, performance, and capabilities for professionals who design the most sophisticated CAE models with realistic environmental experience VR.
• Radeon ™ Pro SSG Graphics with fast HBM2 and 2TB built-in SSD memory allow real-time processing of 8K video analysis as well as high-performance computing in huge data sets and rendering of larger projects better than ever before. Adobe Premiere Pro ™ and Adobe After Effects ™ applications already have a pre-release of the full unified Radeon Pro SSG API solution, which allows professional creators to overcome many of the limits of playback and editing capabilities.
The Dell Precision 7920 Rack is ideal for secure remote work and provides the same power and scalability as the most powerful tower workstation in 2U format.
"Taking a look at the 20 years of Dell Precision workstation history, we get a sense of how the capabilities of our workstations combined with certified and optimized software and the creativity of our great customers have led to impressive achievements," he said. Rahul Tikoo, vice president and general manager of Dell Precision workstations. "These achievements are really impressive, but the new line of Dell Precision workstations enables our customers to be ready for the next major technological breakthrough, which changes data into professional standards and across multiple industries."
At SIGGRAPH 2017, Dell also announced the highly anticipated Dell Canvas, which will be available from August 29. Dell Canvas is a new professional tool designed to enable more natural creative work.
It has a 27 diagonal touch screen and QHD resolution, which is mounted horizontally in the desk and can be powered by the current PC ecosystem and the latest Windows 10 Creator's Update. In addition, the system has a digital stylus, which offers high tactile precision, coupled with the totem, which offers the ability to use a variety of menus and shortcuts. Dell Canvas is already supported by the most important industry applications in the industry.
On the occasion of Dell Precision's 20 Anniversary, Dell is also introducing a limited-edition version of its award-winning mobile workstation, Dell Precision 5520.
The Dell Precision 5520 Anniversary Edition is Dell's thinnest, lightest and smallest mobile workstation for a limited time with an exclusive finish of metal brushed, anodized aluminum in a new Abyss coloring and processing that makes it resistant to imprints .
Over the past twenty years, Dell Precision has provided the foundation for the realization of unbelievable creative ideas, thanks to their high performance, customizable features, which are specifically designed for the demands of modern professional creators.
From the start of their release, 1997, with the Dell Precision 400 model workstation, Dell Precision workstations are designed to meet the needs of technical and creative professionals, enabling them to transform and reverse data in their industries.
• Dell Precision 5820, 7820, 7920 tower and 7920 Rack will be available within the next quarter.
• Dell Canvas will be available from August 29.