Fing is a leading network tool for Android-powered devices that can tell you everything that is happening on your wireless network. It's free and worth a try.
This is a network of tools that will help you discover which other phones, tablets, and computers are connected to your Wi-Fi network. You can name every device you see in your network with a name of your liking so you can quickly and easily identify which links are your partners and who are invaders or just guests.
Although most routers provide this information, however, if you use repeaters for a larger range of your network then you may not have the list of whoever connects to the repeaters. This refers to your own network and your own router. If this is the third party network then you clearly do not have access to the third party router and therefore no access to the corresponding information. With Fing, however, things are changing.
The Fing is a completely free application, used by millions of ordinary users and professionals around the world. That's why Google Play has from 10 to 50 millions of downolads. The app has frequent updates and upgrades with the latest being 14 December 2017.
Through Fing you can find out which devices are connected to any Wi-Fi network and see the location of these devices on a map and much more. The application helps you to detect intruders, assess your network security risks, troubleshoot network problems and achieve the best network performance.
In detail, the application has the following capabilities:
- Displays the MAC Address of each connected machine as well as the manufacturer of the device.
- It informs you of all devices connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- It has IP, MAC and manufacturer name capabilities
- Find all open doors
- Wake On LAN: Enable devices from your mobile phone or tablet
- It can make pink and traceroute on connected devices
- Automatic DNS lookup
- Check availability of Internet on your connection
- Displays the NetBIOS names and properties
- It searches for programs running on specific ports, such as Browser, SSH, FTP
- Supports naming from IP address recognition
You can download and install Fing, free through Google Play from here.