Cached files, or cache files: Android your device may have small storage space and it fills up quickly. Apps you use often create new files to store information.
The purpose of cached files
Your phone uses temporary data stored in cache files to (per) call the relevant information faster when you open an application. For example, Spotify temporarily stores your most frequently used playlists so you do not have to reload them every time you open the app.
A cached file is only useful for the program that creates it. For example, Spotify's cached files have nothing to do with Facebook. In most cases, when an application decides that the cached information is no longer useful, it automatically deletes it.
Here, we'll report that apart from apps and web pages and games, they use cache files for a faster browsing experience.
Typically, cached files work in the background and make your phone work faster.
Benefits of deleting cache
Cached files are important, and you usually do not have to delete them. However, sometimes you may need to delete them from your phone:
- In the short term, deleting cache helps save space on your phone. This is a very temporary solution, as new cache files will be created each time you use the applications.
- Sometimes old cache files may be corrupted. When this happens, applications are starting to experience problems. Deleting damaged cache files can resolve these issues.
- Old cache files are security threats and can expose your privacy. Web pages that are stored as cache files in your browser may contain sensitive information. So if a malicious user gets access to these files, he could intercept your personal information.
- If a browser or other application can not "see" the latest version of a page, clearing the cache can help you see the new version of the page. For example: If you do not see the comments of iGuRu.gr if after a refresh with F5 you can not see them, clear the cached files of your browser. At iGuRu.gr we use very powerful caches for more speed.
Do you need to delete cache regularly?
Now that you know the benefits of clearing your cache, you may think you need to manually clean the cached files manually. It is counterproductive. Remember that caching works to speed up access to the content you use regularly.
So it's not a good idea to permanently delete old cache files manually. Android already has a built-in mechanism for deleting unused files and usually works well enough. The main cases for manually deleting cached files occur when:
- Cache files in an application are corrupted, causing problems for the application.
- You want to delete files containing personal information to protect your privacy.
- The storage in your phone is out and you do not want to delete your videos, images, and applications.
How to delete cached files on Android
With new versions of Android, you must delete the cache files for each application separately. We should mention that you rarely need to delete all cached files from your device. In most cases, clearing cache from some problematic applications can resolve storage or performance problems.
Delete cache files:
Open Settings and select Storage.
In the list that opens, tap Other apps. The option will give you a list of all the applications installed on your phone.
Select the application you want to delete the files in the cache. Or, you can tap the three-point menu in the upper right corner and select Sort by size. This will help you see which applications use larger storage space.
On the application's Info page, click Clear cache.
Older versions of Android let you delete all cached files from Settings - Save - Saved Data at the same time.
What happens after deleting the cache?
When you delete the cache files, you will have extra storage space and the application will continue to function properly. However, all of the data used for better performance has been deleted. This may take some time to achieve the performance you had before. Over time, the application will re-create a new cache.
Clearing cache files will not force you to re-connect to applications. You will not lose data such as saved games, browser bookmarks,