OpenPuff is a professional steganography tool. The application will allow you to encrypt sensitive data up to 256MB in size to send over the Internet, or simply to store on a system used by others.
It is well known that with shorthand you can hide files inside other files. If you do not know how it works read here. In addition to being able to encrypt and hide files in other files on your system, OpenPuff can also digitally sign them.
- HW seeded random number generator (CSPRNG)
- Deniable steganography
- Carrier chains (up to 256Mb of hidden data)
- Carrier bits selection level
- Modern multi-cryptography (16 algorithms)
- Multi-layered data obfuscation (3 passwords)
- X-squared steganalysis resistance
Unique safety and obfuscation layers:
- 256bit + 256bit symmetric-key cryptography (with KDF4 password extension)
- 256bit symmetric-key data scrambling (CSPRNG-based shuffling)
- 256bit symmetric key data whitening (CSPRNG-based noise mixing)
- Adaptive non-linear carrier bit encoding
Layers of security:
Data is encrypted, scrambled, whitened and encoded before it is decrypted.
The 4 Layers (encryption layers) in detail:
- Layer 1 - Modern multi-cryptography:
A modern 16 set 256bit open-source cryptography algorithms (selected from AES Process [1997-2000], NESSIE Process [2000-2003] and CRYPTREC Process [2000-2003]) has been joined into a doublepassword multi-cryptography algorithm (256bit + 256bit):BEA / Anubis / Camellia / Cast-256 / Clefia / FROG / Hierocrypt3 / Idea-NXT / MARS / RC6 / Safer + / SC2000 / Serpent / Speed / Twofish / Unicorn-A
- Layer 2 - CSPRNG based scrambling:
Encrypted data is always scrambled to break any remaining stream pattern. A new cryptographically secure pseudo random number generator (CSPRNG) is seeded with a third password (256bit) and data is globally shuffled with random indexes.
- Layer 3 - CSPRNG based whitening:
Scrambled data is always mixed with a high amount of noise, obtained from an independent CSPRNG seeded with hardware entropy.
- Layer 4 - Adaptive non-linear encoding:
Whitened data is always encoded using a non-linear function that also takes the original carrier bits as input. Modified carriers will require much less change and deceive many steganalysis tests (eg: chi square test).
OpenPuff supports many file formats:
Images (BMP, JPG, PCX, PNG, TGA)
Audio support (AIFF, MP3, NEXT / SUN, WAV)
Video support (3GP, MP4, MPG, VOB)
Flash-Adobe Support (FLV, SWF, PDF)
OpenPuff is portable so it leaves no traces on the computer (works without installation, without registry keys, and .ini files). As for security, OpenPuff is safe:
It does not contain spyware and adware and uses the OpenSource core crypto-library (libObfuscate).
If you are interested in the application, see how it works from the following videos:
There are many uses for the advanced application tutorials, articles and papers