In this article you will learn how to hide recently opened items by exploring their files Windows 10 .
In Windows 10 , by default, recently opened items are displayed below Quick Access list of file exploration. You can easily locate them by opening the exploration and looking at the top of the list in the left pane and under Quick Access.
The latest data is there to give you easy access to what you worked on until recently. It is an extremely convenient feature for users who confuse hundreds of files in one day. They can save a lot of time by accessing their recently opened files.
However, some users may not like them Windows 10 to track the access history of their files. And if you also share your computer and account with others, you may not like to share what you have been working on recently. If you have this feeling, you can use this wizard to turn off the display of recently accessible items.
Microsoft has added the disable option to "Settings". Also, you can always use their registry Windows 10 to turn off this setting.
1st Way - Using the "Settings" application
1. Right-click the Start button or press Win + X at the same time and select Settings.
2. In the "Settings" application, go to Personalization> Start.
3. In the right pane, scroll down, find and change "Show recently opened items in shortcuts in the Start or Taskbar and in quick access to File Explorer" to "Off".
4. Close the Settings app and log out, then log in again to make the changes effective.
2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \Explore\ Advanced.
3. Now in the right pane, look for the DWORD name Start_TrackDocs. If DWORD does not exist, just create it and let its Value Data be 0. If it exists, double click on it and change the Value Data from 1 to 0.
4. Close Registry Editor and log in again to apply the settings.