The New York Museum of Modern Art in the USA offers free English language classes online.
MoMA offers nine free courses through Coursera :
- Fashion as Design
- In the Studio: Postwar Abstract Paining
- What is Contemporary Art?
- Art & Ideas: Teaching with Themes
- Art & Inquiry: Museum Teaching Strategies For Your Classroom
- Seeing Through Photographs
- Art & Activity: Interactive Strategies for Engaging with Art
- Modern Art & Ideas
- Sheying (taught in Chinese)
The courses last from 12 to 38 hours to complete and can be done at any speed you want. The courses are much more theoretical than practical, as you will learn more about how to appreciate contemporary art, art history, etc., than about how to create it.
Attending the courses requires your registration.