Today I will show you how to hack an Android phone to gain remote access. In this guide, we will use AhMyth, an open source remote access tool
AhMyth has many features you would expect to see in a RAT such as location tracking, SMS modules, contact list view, file management, camera snapshots, microphone recorder and more.
AhMyth is very easy to use due to the simple and effective GUI design. It is a multi-platform remote access tool available for Linux, Windows and Apple OS.
AhMyth consists of two parts.
- Server side: desktop application with control panel
- Client side: android application (backdoor)
In this guide, I will use a Linux based operating system.
First of all, we need to install AhMyth.
- Electron (to run the application)
- Java (for APK backdoor generation)
- Electron-builder and electron-packer (for creating binaries in (OSX, WINDOWS, LINUX)
We will first download AhMyth to our device. You can do this by entering the following command in a Linux command terminal.
Then we give the cd command to the AhMyth-Android-Rat directory.
We start AhMyth using the following command.
When you first start AhMyth with npm we may get some error messages, then use the following command to start AhMyth.
sudo npm start –unsafe-perm