OpenStego is an application steganography which provides two functions:
- Hide data: Can hide any data in a cover file (eg images).
- Watermark: Watermark files (eg images) with invisible signature. Can be used to detect unauthorized file copying.
- OpenStego is written in pure Java and must run on all platforms supported by java. It has been tested on MS Windows and Linux, but should have no problems on other platforms. Report errors if found.
- Supports password-based data encryption for an extra level of security. Algorithms AES 128 and AES 256 are supported.
- It uses an add-on architecture, where different add-ons can be created for different types of Steganographic / Watermarking algorithms. It currently supports two add-ons - RandomLSB (Randomized LSB) for data hiding and Dugad watermark algorithm, but new add-ons for other algorithms can be easily created. Additions can also be easily added to other types of cover files, such as audio files.
- All functions are accessible using the command line as well. Check this out σελίδα for more details.
- Clean Java API available if one needs to integrate OpenStego into another project. Check the documents API for more details.
Using OpenStego is quite simple. There are two modes of operation - data hiding and watermark.
In this mode, you can either hide the data (file) inside an image or extract the data from the image. Check out the screenshots below to see how this can be done.
You can download the program from here.