The Snort ++ project ( Snort 3 ) has been running for a while and these days the fourth upgrade of the next generation Snort IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) has been released.
This program will show you what Snort ++ will have and guide you through the steps needed from download to demo.
This version of Snort ++ includes new features, all the features of Snort 2.X, but also bug fixes for the basic version of Snort:
Project = Snort++
Binary = snort
version = 3.0.0-a4 build 235
Base = 2.9.8 build 383
Here are some key features of Snort ++:
- Support for multiple packet processing threads
- Use a shared configuration and attribute table
- Use a simple, configurable UI
- Make the basic "components" connectable
- Automatic scanning services for configuration without a laptop
- Sticky buffer support
- Automatically generate documentation report
- better cross-platform support
- Facilitate ingredient testing
Additional features of the roadmap include:
- Use a shared network map
- Package processing support
- Hardware support and data level integration
- Proxy operation support
- Windows support
You can download the program from here.