The company informed virtual machines for any interested developer. These virtual machines include some of the required tools and frameworks for developers who want to start building applications for Windows 10, HoloLens and Xbox.
From today it is possible to download images for VM (Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004, build 19041).
Images include Windows 10 Enterprise in the 2004 version. In addition to the expected operating system, there are many tools for developers that are enabled by default.
So when you start a VM, it will contain:
- Windows 10 in the 2004 version (10.0.19041.0)
- Windows 10 SDK in version 2004 (10.0.19041.0)
- Visual Studio 2019 (latest version on 15/5/2020) with UWP, .NET and Azure desktop workflows enabled. Also includes the Windows Template Studio extension)
- Visual Studio Code (latest version on 15/5/2020)
- Windows Subsystem for Linux enabled with Ubuntu installed
- Developer mode enabled
These tools, along with the same Windows 10, take up huge disk space. Thus, the download size for virtual machines is about 20GB per camera.
The Windows 10 2004 Enterprise on the virtual machine you are interested in will end on 13/09/20.