The Tsunami is a general purpose network security scanner with an scalable add-on system to detect high-risk vulnerabilities.
- At the moment the Tsunami is in pre-alpha release for developer preview.
- The Tsunami project is under development. Expect significant API changes in the future.
install the following required kits:
nmap >= 7.80 ncrack >= 0.7
start a vulnerable application that can be recognized by Tsunami, e.g. an unauthorized Jupyter Notebook server. The easiest way is to use a docker image:
docker run --name unauthenticated-jupyter-notebook -p 8888:8888 -d jupyter/base-notebook start-notebook.sh --NotebookApp.token=''
run the following command:
bash -c "$(curl -sfL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/google/tsunami-security-scanner/master/quick_start.sh)"
The quick_start.sh script runs the following processes:
- It clones them google / tsunami-security-scanner repositories και google / tsunami-security-scanner-plugins in the $ HOME / foldertsunami/ repos.
- Gathers everything the Google Tsunami add-ons and moves all their jar files additions at $ HOME /tsunami/ plugins.
- Writes the scanner Fat Jar file Tsunami and moves it to the $ HOME / foldertsunami.
- Moves the tsunami.yaml config at $ HOME /tsunami.
- Print an example of the command Tsunami to scan 127.0.0.1 using previously created objects.