A recent post states that Lenovo warns owners of some ThinkPad devices, it could cause problems due to operating system errors. For example, it reports problems performing a system scan with the built-in Windows Defender antivirus.
Furthermore, the Lenovo reports that some users could not log in to Windows Hello using the biometric authentication feature.
According to the company, the following problems may occur:
- Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) at startup
- Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) at startup Lenovo Vantage
- Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) when running a Windows Defender Scan
- Cannot connect Face to Windows Hello
- Errors in Device Management related to Intel Management Engine
- Errors in Managing devices related to the IR camera
OR Lenovo states that only ThinkPad models released in 2019 or 2020 are affected by these problems and the only solution is to disable the Enhanced Windows Biometric Security setting from the Virtualization section in the BIOS Security menu.
The Windows 10 of the 2004 edition are still distributed from May 2020 released for the first time. However we are waiting for a new feature update (version 20H2) which will probably be released in October.