This month, of the 129 vulnerabilities, 32 were classified as remote code execution issues, which are bugs that allow intruders to exploit remote applications over a network.
Of these 32, 20 are characterized as "critical" severity, the highest score on the scale of Microsoft, making these 20 vulnerabilities some of the most significant bugs fixed in its products Microsoft this month. The list of 20 critical RCE products includes errors:
- Windows (CVE-2020-1252)
- On-premise Microsoft Dynamics 365 systems (CVE-2020-16857, CVE-2020-16862)
- Windows Graphics Device Interface (GDI) (CVE-2020-1285)
- Microsoft SharePoint (CVE-2020-1200, CVE-2020-1210, CVE-2020-1452, CVE-2020-1453, CVE-2020-1576, CVE-2020-1595)
- Microsoft SharePoint Server (CVE-2020-1460)
- Windows Media Audio Decoder (CVE-2020-1593, CVE-2020-1508)
- Microsoft COM for Windows (CVE-2020-0922)
- Windows Text Service Module (CVE-2020-0908)
- Microsoft Windows Codecs Library (CVE-2020-1319, CVE-2020-1129)
- Windows Camera Codec Pack (CVE-2020-0997)
- Visual Studio (CVE-2020-16874)
All the vulnerabilities mentioned above are serious security issues, and especially those that affect them Windows, SharePoint and Dynamics 365 (as these systems are often installed on large corporate networks).
Additional information for today follows Patch Tuesday and security updates released by other major companies: