Mr. Bradford Gautier managed to swallow one in his sleep AirPods, which, however, after his expulsion from his body, continued to function without any problem.
Bradford Gauthier recounted his experience in a interview with The Guardian. Obviously, the AirPods έπεσε στο μαξιλάρι του ενώ ήταν στο κρεβάτι του και παρακολουθούσε νυσταγμένα μια ταινία και κατά κάποιο περίεργο τρόπο κατέληξε στο λαιμό του.
Το επόμενο πρωί κατάλαβε ότι είχε χάσει το AirPod και δεν μπορούσε να το βρει μέσω της modeς “εύρεση του Airpod” καθώς είχε αδειάσει η μπαταρία του. Επίσης κατάλαβε ότι είχε πρόβλημα να πιεί water because something had "sat" in his esophagus, but he didn't make the connection, until his son jokingly told him: "maybe you swallowed it in your sleep?"
He went to a doctor where he took an X-ray and found the lost AirPod lodged in his esophagus. The doctor did not want to let it take its natural exit route through the digestive system, as he was afraid that it might get stuck in the intestine on the way or break. He removed it with a long pair of forceps inserted through her mouth and thus Gautier avoided the worst.
Upon arriving home, Gautier found that the AirPod worked perfectly, although its microphone was slightly less efficient than before.
This is not the first time an AirPod has survived in its owner's body. In 2019, a man in Taiwan tried to locate his AirPod with the Find My Airpod function on his iPhone and by chasing the sound of the AirPod around hereeyehis. Finally, he realized that the AirPod was hitting inside his stomach.