Audacity is one free program cross-platform audio for recording and editing audio files. THE application it is cross-platform so it is released for Windows, Mac os X, Linux and BSD. Audacity was created by Dominic Mazzoni when he was a university student Carnegie Mellon.
Open source Audacity audio software recently acquired from Muse Group, which has appointed a new management team responsible for development and of course new features. A few days after the changeover, the new management decided to add some “key features telemetrys” in the software.
Audacity won the SourceForge.net Community Choice Award for Best Multimedia Program in 2007. Η application, εκτός των άλλων μπορεί να εγγράψει ζωντανό ήχο μέσω μικροφώνου ή μείκτη, και να ψηφιοποιήσει εγγραφές από άλλα μέσα. Με κάποιες κάρτες ήχου και σε οποιαδήποτε πρόσφατη έκδοση των Windows, το Audacity μπορεί επίσης να καταγράψει streaming ήχου.
Some of Audacity's capabilities are:
- Import and export WAV, AIFF, MP3 files (through the LAME encoder to be downloaded separately), Ogg Vorbis, all kinds of files supported by the libsndfile library.
- Versions 1.2.5, 1.3.2 and later also support it codification Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC).
- The 3.0.0 and later versions also support additional file types such as WMA, AAC, AMR, and AC3 from the FFmpeg library.
- Record and play audio files.
- Edit sounds through functions Cut off, Copying and Paste (Cut, Copy, Paste) with unlimited capability Undo (Undo).
- Mixing multiple-sound channels.
- Digital sound effect capabilities and plug-ins installation. Additional effects can be written with the Nyquist language.
- Editing waveform.
- Noise Reduction.
- Spectral Audio Processing using the Fourrier Transformation Algorithm.
- Support multiple channels with sampling frequencies up to 96Khz with 32bits in each sample.
- Possibility to fine-tune the pitch of the sound by keeping the pitch-tempo stable. Such a function can be used to synchronize animated sound.
- Ability to change the pitch-tempo frequency without changing the play speed.
- Supports modern multi-channel sound processing features including Navigation, Zoom, Copy-Cut-Pull,
- Automatic conversion of analogue cassettes into digital formats. The built-in pause finder algorithm is used to store each track-song in a separate file.
- Ability to install on different operating systems such as: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Unix systems such as Linux - BSD).
- The latest firmware supports Windows 98 / ME / 2000 / XP / Vista, but Windows 95 and NT are not supported.
- Audacity uses the wxWidgets library software to make the interface similar when it runs on different operating systems.
Audacity can be used to post-process many types of audio files and podcasts. It can be used to integrate podcasts by adding effects such as volume normalization, track cuts, volume control (fade-in / fade-out).
Download Audacity 3.1.1 With Corrections of some errors that existed in the previous version
- With information from wikipedia