We often hear about the "bloatware" that exists in Microsoft's operating system. The so-called "debloating utilities” are called performance optimizers, which promise to improve your Windows 10-11 experience.
They are usually free and remove applications, disable services, clean the Windows registry and change default settings.
Recently, I had to set up a Windows 10 computer. The computer needed to run only one specific application for a professional.
- Bloatware Removal Utility clean up Windows 7-10-11
- Windows 11 Debloater a general purpose tweaker
- ThisIsWin11: Windows 11 configure & remove bloatware
- Windows 10 with bloatware, no more: automatic removal
So everything else that came with Windows was unnecessary for the above reason. Although there are many scripts and applications on the internet (as mentioned above) for uncluttering Windows, below we will see a much easier (and little known) way to remove all the extras from Windows without scripts and applications:
- Open Powershell.
- Type Get-AppxPackage | Remove-AppxPackage
- Ignore any error messages about packages that cannot be removed, that's fine.
Does it work for everyone? No, of course not, but it's a great one-command tool for quickly cleaning an industrial computer without any security risks.