Dell Technologies aims at 2030: The Company's Research Department is exploring the next era of Human-Machine Co-operation
- More than 20 international experts predict how emerging technologies will re-shape human society and work up to 2030
- Emerging technologies will redefine the relationship between people and machines, creating deeper and more intrusive collaborations
- People will have the role of digital composers, and the way we direct business, discover talents and learn, will be radically different.
In 2030, every organization will have a technology presence, and as such, businesses need to think now about how to future-proof their infrastructure and workforce, as research published today by Dell Technologies reveals. . The research, led by the Institute for the Future (IFTF), in collaboration with 20 experts technology, academics and entrepreneurs from around the world, examines how emerging technologies, such as artificial intelligence, will transform our lives, and the way we work, over the next decade.
The research "The next era of co-operation between people and machines" also provides valuable insights into how consumers and businesses can prepare for a volatile society.
Dell Technologies research predicts that emerging technologies, backed by huge advances in software, big data and computing power, will re-shape our lives.
Society will enter a new stage in its relationship with the machines, a relationship that will be characterized by:
- Even greater efficiency and possibilities than any other time, which will help people overcome their limitations
- Humans as "digital composers" for whom technology will be an extension of humans, helping them direct better and manage day-to-day activities
- People in the work hunt, which organizations, using advanced data-driven combinational technologies, will identify as talents and employ, wherever they are in the world
- People who will learn "in the moment" as the pace of change will be so fast that new branches will be created and new skills will be needed to survive
Dell Technologies has commissioned the study to help companies navigate an uncertain world and prepare for the future. Today, digital interventions are rapidly re-launching industries.
For the first time in modern history, world leaders can not predict in what condition their branches will be in the future. According to Dell's Digital Transformation Index (Dell's Digital Transformation Index), το 52 τοις εκατό των υψηλόβαθμων στελεχών που λαμβάνουν αποφάσεις σε 16 χώρες, έχουν βιώσει σημαντικές παρεμβάσεις στους κλάδους τους, ως αποτέλεσμα των ψηφιακών τεχνολογιών. Σχεδόν η μία στις two επιχειρήσεις θεωρεί ότι υπάρχει πιθανότητα η εταιρεία τους να καταστεί απαρχαιωμένη κατά τα επόμενα τρία ως πέντε χρόνια.
"Our industry has never experienced such powerful interventions before. The pace of change is overwhelming and we live in an environment in which you act resolutely, or you are lost. To make the decisive leap forward, in this new era of partnership between people and machines, κάθε επιχείρηση θα πρέπει να μετεξελιχθεί σε ψηφιακή επιχείρηση, με software στον πυρήνα της», ανέφερε σχετικά ο Jeremy Burton, Chief Marketing Officer, της Dell Technologies.
"But organizations will have to move quickly and build their own capable machines, prepare their own infrastructure, and give the appropriate capabilities to their own human resources if they want to fuel this change."
"We have been exposed to two extreme outlooks about machine development in the future: the problem of technological unemployment, which is caused by intense worries or, on the other hand, the overly optimistic view that technology will resolve all our social and environmental problems "Says Rachel Maguire, research director, Institute for the Future.
"Contrary to these opinions, what we should do is focus on real φύση της σχέσης μεταξύ τεχνολογίας και ανθρώπων και πως θα μπορέσουμε να προετοιμαστούμε κατάλληλα. Αν αναλάβουμε από τώρα τη σκληρή δουλειά της ενίσχυσης της επιτυχούς συνεργατικότητας μεταξύ ανθρώπων και μηχανών, ο αντίκτυπος στην κοινωνία θα είναι επωφελής για όλους μας».
Dell Technologies Among the other findings of the survey are:
- 2030 is the dependence of people on machines to develop into a partnership, with people providing skills, such as creativity, passion and entrepreneurial spirit. This will be in line with the ability of machines to work speedily, automated and efficient, resulting in the resulting productivity, creating new opportunities and roles within the industry.
- By 2030, personalized and embedded AI assistants (artificial intelligence – AI) will far exceed what assistants can do. They will take care of us in predictive and automated ways.
- Technology won't necessarily replace workers, but the process of finding work will change. Work will no longer be identified with a place, but will be a series of tasks. Machine learning will make people's skills and abilities discoverable, and organizations will search for the best talent for specific jobs.
- An estimated 85 percent of jobs in 2030 have yet to be invented. The pace of change will be so fast that people will learn "in the moment" using new technologies such as augmented reality and virtual reality. The ability to acquire new knowledge will be more valuable than the knowledge itself.