It is carried out through posts on thenetwork alleged investments in cryptocurrencies and other investment products by famous – internationally renowned persons
The Cybercrime Prosecution Directorate has recently been reporting cases of international fraud involving alleged investments in cryptocurrencies and other investment products by celebrities of international renown (politicians, actors, singers, businessmen, etc.).
Ειδικότερα, η απάτη εκδηλώνεται με ανάρτηση ψευδών ειδήσεων, συνοδευόμενες από ανάλογο οπτικοακουστικό υλικό, φερόμενες μάλιστα να έχουν προέλθει από την ηλεκτρονική version έγκριτων εφημερίδων και ιστοσελίδων, στις οποίες τα προαναφερόμενα πρόσωπα φέρονται να έχουν επενδύσει σε κρυπτονομίσματα και άλλα επενδυτικά προϊόντα επιτυγχάνοντας σε πολύ σύντομο χρονικό διάστημα την αποκόμιση μεγάλου κέρδους.
Readers are then prompted to do the same by entering their personal details data in the supposed investment platforms whose ultimate purpose is their financial deception.
Following the above, the Cybercrime Prosecution Directorate proposes to the citizens - internet users the following:
- To controln the validity of publications for investment projectsletter, even when prominent people are featured, as this aims to convince online users of the veracity of those featured.
- Be especially careful when browsing the internet and especially when it comes to investing in very high and attractive returns.
- Do not open e-mails or ads from people we do not know or expect.
- Be cautious when approached by phone or email post officey people from foreign investment companies and we do not invest our money in services without being absolutely sure of their reliability.
- Have reservations if the offer seems too good to be true, as well as reservations if it is genuine. We think twice before we click. # ThinkB4UClick
It is reminded that citizens can contact the Cybercrime Prosecution Directorate in order to provide information or report illegal or reprehensible acts or activities carried out via the Internet, at the following contact details: