Lost your iPhone? Not sure how to find it or delete it before it falls into the hands of a stranger?
Finding an Apple iPhone is easy to use and useful in case your iPhone is lost. Allows you to see the location of your lost or stolen iPhone, play a ringtone on the phone to help find it or alert others around you, mark your iPhone as lost to lock it remotely to protect your data and, if necessary, delete all data.
To enable all of the above functions, you must first enable Find My on your iPhone.
How to activate Find My iPhone
- Open them Settings.
- Click on the menu Apple ID. This is the first tab you'll see on the Settings screen, just below the line search
- Click Finding. This should be the third option after iCloud and Media & Purchases
- Click Find my iPhone. Activate the options for Find my iPhone, Finding my network (to locate your iPhone even if it is offline) and Send last location (automatically sends the location of your iPhone to Apple when the battery is extremely low)
Once the settings are complete, you are ready to find your iPhone in case it gets lost. To find the location of your lost iPhone or delete data, log in to icloud.com/find.
How to see your lost iPhone on the map
- Once logged in to the link above, using the Apple ID and code your access through any program browsing, it should automatically start detecting your iPhone.
- In a matter of seconds, the position of your iPhone will appear on a map on the screen.
- If the device appears to be in unknown region, readers are cautioned not to attempt to recover their iPhone themselves and instead to contact the police, who may ask for your device's serial number or IMEI code. See how you can find the serial number of your device .
How to play a sound on your lost iPhone
- Once it is detected phone you, you will be able to see all devices at the top of the map. Click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, select the iPhone model you lost (the name of your assigned phone will appear here).
- A floating frame will now appear in the upper right corner of the screen. A photo of your iPhone, your phone name, your battery balance, etc. should be displayed.
- Click the button Reproduction sound. Αυτό θα κάνει το iPhone σας να δονηθεί και να εκπέμψει έναν ήχο που σταδιακά γίνεται πιο δυνατός, ανεξάρτητα από το εάν το τηλέφωνό σας βρίσκεται σε αθόρυβη mode ή όχι. Αυτή η λειτουργία είναι ιδιαίτερα βολική όταν τοποθετήσετε εσφαλμένα το iPhone σας σε ένα κοντινό δωμάτιο ή σε μια κοντινή τοποθεσία και δεν μπορείτε να δείτε πού το έχετε κρατήσει. Μπορείτε να ακολουθήσετε τον ήχο και να τον βρείτε. Θα πρέπει να ξεκλειδώσετε το τηλέφωνό σας για να σταματήσετε τον ήχο.
How to mark your lost iPhone
- From the popup window, click the button Lost mode.
- You will be asked to enter an optional phone number to which you can contact. This number will appear on your lost iPhone. You will also be prompted to enter a custom message that will also appear on your iPhone. Note that these steps are optional. Lost will automatically lock your iPhone with a password to ensure that all data is kept secure.
- Click on End.
How to delete data on your lost iPhone
- From the popup window, click the button Delete iPhone.
- A pop-up message will ask you for confirmation. Keep in mind that allowing this will remove all content and settings from your iPhone. Unable to track or find a deleted iPhone.
- Click on Deletion.