GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a raster graphics editor. Το νέο GIMP 2.10.8 μόλις κυκλοφόρησε, είναι διαθέσιμο για όλες τις γνωστές platforms (download links at the end of the post) and you can download it free.
The GIMP is a multifunctional photo editing tool. The GIMP is an acronym for GNU image editor. The GIMP is suitable for a variety of image manipulation tasks, including photo editing, compositing and construction image.
The GIMP it has many possibilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, a high-quality photo editor, an instant batch editing system, a mass image rendering production, an image type converter, etc.
The GIMP is expandable and scalable. It is designed to be augmented with add-ons and extensions to do almost anything. The advanced interface scripts allow anything from the simplest task to the most complex image editing processes to become easy scripts.
One of his forces GIMP is its free availability from many sources for many operating systems. Most distributions GNULinux include the GIMP as standard application. It GIMP it is also available for other operating systems like Microsoft Windows ή Mac OS X Apple (Darwin).
The GIMP is a free software application covered by the general public license [LPG]. The LPG provides users with the freedom to access and modify the source code that compose computer programs.
The first version of it GIMP written by Peter Mattis and Spencer Kimball. Many other developers have contributed recently and thousands more have provided support and control. His publications GIMP orchestrated recently by Sven Neumann and Mitch Natterer and the other members of the group GIMP.
The following list is a brief overview of some of the features and capabilities that it offers you GIMP:
- A complete set of painting tools including brushes, pencil, airbrush, cloning etc
- Cache-based memory management, so image size is limited only by available disk space
- Sub-pixel sampling for all painting tools for high-quality smoothing
- Full alpha channel support for transparent work
- Layers and canals
- A procedural database for calling internal functions GIMP from external programs such as Script-Fu
- Advanced scenario capabilities
- Multiple cancellations / cancellations (limited only by disk space)
- Transforming tools that include rotation, scaling, warping and inversion
- Support for a wide range of file formats, including GIF, JPEG, PNG, XPM, TIFF, TGA, MPEG, PS, PDF, PCX, BMP and many more
- Selection tools that include a rectangle, lack, free choice fuzzy bezier option and smart scissors
- Add-ons that allow easy addition of new file types and new effects filters.