IOS is a very powerful operating system. The iOS 8.1 has some amazing new features, but if you do not explore it you will definitely miss something. So if you do not have a manual some things will remain secret.
Below we will describe some features of iOS 8.1 you may have never met.
- Swipe left-right (swipe) on an email to reveal the "Mark as Unread" button.
- Swipe right from left to right to highlight or delete the message. There is also an "More" option for replying, forwarding, deleting, and so on.
- Make a large sweep from right to left to delete your e-mail.
- To change swipe options go to Settings> Mail, contacts, calendars>
Swipe Options, then set it to "Swipe left" or "Right" for whatever you want.
- Drag down to your inbox to reveal a search box.
- If you want to delete the entire inbox, click "Edit" on the top right, then "Mark All."
- Go to mail> Mailboxes> Edit and select "Unread" to see all your unread emails.
Discover what consumes your battery
The battery in the iPhone never lasts as long as you would like, but we will describe a way to find out which applications have "put their hand" to do so.
Go to Settings> General> Usage> Battery usage to find out which apps have used the battery the most in the last 24 hours or the last 7 days.
Hide your Favorites and Contacts from App Switcher
A practical feature or just a visual fit? If you need the feature you can turn it off by going to Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendar, scrolling down to "View in App Switcher."
Hide and Show automatic suggestions for the QuickType keyboard
The Apple keyboard shows some suggestions as you type. If you do not want to use them just press and hold the automatic suggestion bar and drag it down where the keys are to hide it.
If you later change your mind, you can bring it back by dragging up from the top of the keyboard.
- Swipe left and right on the browser screen to navigate past and behind your browser's history.
- If you do not like the fact that Safari displays recommended results in your searches, go to Settings> Safari> Search Engine Suggestions and turn off the feature.
- You can set DuckDuckGo as the default search engine by going to Settings> Safari> Browser and making this browser the default.
- Safari pre displays the top of the search results, to make your browsing faster. However, if you use mobile data, the feature will be a bit expensive. If you want to turn it off you can do it from Settings> Safari> Preload Top Hit and move the switch to the off position.
- If you type an application name in the Safari URL box, it will display two frames. One will show the app if you have it installed and the other will have Apple App Store connections with the apps you do not have.
Find your iPhone or iPad, even if the battery is empty.
A really useful feature that can help you locate your iPhone or iPad that has come to a corner.
Registration in iGuRu.gr via Email
To enable this feature, go to Settings> iCloud> Find My iPhone and set "Send Last Post" to ON.