That's it TEDxUniversityofPiraeus returns dynamically to present it (the eye and the hand) event of entitled ''Kon-Tiki'', on Saturday, May 13 at the Themistokleon Complex of the University of Piraeus in Nice and at 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
This year's theme TEDxUniversity of Piraeus, hides a unique story that teaches the power of perseverance, faith and teamwork in a time when concepts like these have been forgotten. The Kon-Tiki was the most famous raft in the world as it traveled the open sea for 101 days making the impossible possible! Despite storms and rough seas, she reached her destination unscathed, teaching a life-lesson to the whole world.
For another year, the TEDxUniversityofPiraeus spotlights speakers with powerful stories and ideas that deserve to be brought to light. People from many different industries, such as technology, design, art, social issues, entertainment to business, come to share their own experiences.
Among the speakers,
- Η Ioanna Paliospyrou, a female icon who survived the vitriolic attack, tells us her tumultuous story.
- The renowned Greek photographer Ria Mort from the field of photography, with an international career, shares her own story while staying in the field of art and theater
- The actor Thanasis Viskadourakis he talks to us about the importance of his own kon-tiki in life
- The businesswoman Dimitra Katsafadou comes to talk to us about the adversities she faced and how they led her to ultimate success
- Finally, the Greek artist and entrepreneur, Christianna Oikonomou who traveled the world and ended up in the Cyclades, comes to his stage TEDx, to tell us about how her own raft helped her turn her art into a profession.
Board his Kon-Tiki TEDxUniversityofPiraeus and come and live the ultimate TED experience full of unique speeches, great personalities, cool activities, creative workshops and many more exciting happenings for young and old.
TEDx University of Piraeus is a project of the University of Piraeus in collaboration with the Research Center.