At the same time, the team of developers is developing the next big release that is expected to be released this summer as LibreOffice 7.0.
The first version of it LibreOffice released to the public as developers have already started chasing bugs. It is a win-win move, as it allows users to try out the latest version of the suite and share any problems they may have with the developer team, effectively helping them fix the application from these very early stages of development.
The LibreOffice 7.0 as mentioned above, is expected to be released in August with many improvements for each application included in the suite.
Details of the new version are included in the wiki, and they mention:
"DOCX is now stored in native 2013/2016/2019 mode instead of the 2007 compatibility mode. This mainly benefits Word users."
His new update LibreOffice comes with an improved UI as the team of developers added a new icon theme (Sukapura). It will be the default theme in macOS and will make the suite look more modern in all its applications.
Download the alpha version
- Download the lastest pre-release version (LibreOffice 7.0 Alpha1)
- Linux (64-bit)
- Main .DEB Package - Other .DEB Packages (langpack, helppack)
- Main .RPM Package - Other .RPM Packages (langpack, helppack)
- Appimages with and without help
- Windows (32 bit)
- Windows (64 bit)
- Mac OS X (64-bit)
- Install it. (It will not replace the existing fixed version.)