myNoise is a free noise generator website that can mask other annoying sounds you don't want to hear, such as talking, ringing in your ears, etc.
myNoise is a free website with a wide range of ready-made sounds that can be used to drown out external noises that bother you. The technique is tried and tested, amazing and works well. It does not require expensive noise canceling headphones as it uses a unique type of sound engineering.
Each sound comes with a set of 10 color-coded Sliders covering the entire audio frequency range from 20Hz to 20kHz. You can individually and precisely calibrate how much you hear each frequency to adjust the sound based on your hearing threshold.
Where it can be used:
- In the Office, when there are sounds in the area that distract you and make you less efficient.
- During the readings, whether you are a student or a student. Research has shown that students with ADHD often have trouble concentrating and doing homework.
- To put baby to sleep as myNoise can calm babies at night and put them to sleep. This also helps parents to not be sleep deprived trying to get their baby to sleep.
- People with conditions such as tinnitus (ringing in the ear), misophonia (certain sounds that cause exaggerated emotional or physiological responses), etc. overcome these problems by taking into account your own sensitivities and providing a type of sound blanket to your ears.
- Finally it can be used to calm and relax your mind helping you control your anxiety, anger and stress. It can also be used as Meditation Music as recommended by many alternative health practitioners
How does it work:
- Go to the web page myNoise.net.
- Choose any type of sound from the available categories based on whether you want to focus on some work, calm down, sleep, relax, etc. and click the specific sound in the list. You can press “More” in each category for more sounds.
- The 10 color-coded sliders will appear and the audio will start playing automatically. You can place your mouse over each slider to see what frequency it represents. Experiment with each slider by dragging it up and down and see how it affects the overall sound.
A series of buttons are provided below the Slider panel for Play/Pause, setting a timer, entering and configuring the function of the animated buttons, and more. You can press 'H' on your keyboard for more information on using these buttons.
myNoise also provides some "Presets" for each Sound that you can select from the table on the left. In addition, there is a speed check, but it is only for paid users with privileged access.
If you change the frequencies for any particular slider, you can save it locally as a browser cookie and load it again later. Also, you can embed slider settings in a URL or clone them as a mini-player (to continue working with other apps). All of this can be done from the Sliders Settings section in the left panel.
myNoise has a wide range of natural sounds. Some sounds will really make you feel like you are physically present in this environment. The Sliders are fantastic and give you great control over all audio frequencies, allowing you to adjust the sounds according to your threshold and hearing levels.
To browse the entire list of online sounds provided by myNoise, do click here.
myNoise is also available as an app for users Android in the upcoming years, while iOS.