In today 's world where companies are becoming more and more accustomed to having an online presence and management, it is imperative to implement tools that protect all digitized information.
Now that cyber-attacks are part of the day-to-day operations of companies, it is more important than ever to implement all possible security measures.
In accordance with Security Report 2022, presented by Check Point® Software Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ: CHKP), the world's leading cybersecurity provider, cyber attacks on corporate networks worldwide will increase by 50% in 2021 compared to 2020.
Every year, the 31stη March is celebrated as World Backup Day and it is always a good opportunity to highlight the different ways in which companies can store their data, because the question is no longer whether a company will be attacked or not, but when it will happen. .
The cloud is now used by most companies and for this reason there is a growing concern for its protection and the protection of all corporate data stored on it. It is one of the easiest forms of backup due to its numerous advantages.
Check Point Software points out the main advantages for a company when creating backups in the cloud:
- Greater scalability: in a physical location, the number of backups that can be stored will always have a limit due to the capacity of a hard disk. In the network, this is not the case, as cloud providers have a wide range of storage flexibility, so as more capacity is required, it can be scaled. In this way, depending on the expansion or reduction of a company's business volume, data backup needs can be customized.
- More autonomy: when a company has a remote backup service provider, it does not need to know how to create backups, nor additional training to perform the procedures, as they are performed automatically at the frequency already set.
- From anywhere: the traditional way of backing up was done on physical devices (floppy disks, hard disks, cd, etc.). Items that may be damaged, damaged, lost or stolen. In addition, these devices were often stored in the same workplace, so in the event of an incident the information was lost. The advantage of the remote backup format is that it is located in a different location.
- Encrypted and protected data: it is clear that physical storage devices can be damaged by misuse or system failure. In this case, the data may be lost, which is not the case in the cloud. The information is stored on private servers that prevent any kind of failure thanks to their technology. Likewise, all its systems are equipped with security protocols and advanced encryption protocols.
- Simplicity in file sharing: tools available in the cloud typically include HTML5 programs that run directly in the browser. This means that users do not need any specific software to access and edit them. In addition, they allow multiple and simultaneous processing in real time. This online teamwork opportunity has made things easier and made it possible to avoid wasting time in some meetings. By simply sharing a link, anyone can open a document and edit it if necessary. This facilitates remote work and employee comfort, which is one of the main goals of cloud technology.
"Technological advances have led more and more companies to start using new technologies to increase their productivity or to facilitate their day-to-day operations. Their use has led to the mass collection of data and the need has arisen for a space for their safe storage. Cloud backup, corporate data, and applications are protected by a remote server. In this way, companies can be able to store and maintain, at the same time, the data of their own company and their customers from anywhere, avoiding the loss of this data in case of technological failure or cyber attack ", commented o Vassilis Nikolopoulos, Head of Security Engineering Team at Check Point Software Technologies
Registration in iGuRu.gr via email
Follow us on Google News