Easy backup, restore and Bare Metal Restore. Rescuezilla (formerly Redo Backup and Recovery) is so simple that anyone can use it. It's an easy, complete disaster recovery solution for your computer. Allows Bare Metal reset.
For those who do not know, Bare metal restore (bare metal means system without operating system) is not only the best solution for hardware failure, but it is also the ultimate antivirus: Even if your hard drive is completely erased by a virus, you can have a fully functional system within 10 minutes.
All your documents and settings will be restored to exactly the same state they were in when you made the backup.
Rescuezilla is a Live USB, so it does not matter if you are using Windows, Mac or Linux. You can use the same tool to back up and restore each machine. It is open source released under the GPL license, it is completely free for personal and commercial use.
Rescuezilla has many features combined with a very simple and user-friendly management screen:
- Easy UI with where USB starts (within seconds)
- No installation required running from a USB stick or a CD-ROM
- Saves and restores Windows, Mac and Linux machines
- Automatically find local shared networks
- Access your files even if you cannot log in
- Recover deleted images, documents and other files
- Internet access with a complete browser for downloading drivers
- The size of the Live CD is about 620MB
- It has over 2.000.000 downloads
How does it work;
Most creation programs backup and reset require your system to boot to perform the reset. But what if you can't start Windows? What if you are infected with a virus and can not open Windows at all to restore it as it was?
Rescuezilla does not need Windows. Download and write the ISO on a USB stick and restart your machine. The system will load a complete mini operating system with a point-and-click user interface into your computer's memory without writing any information to your hard drive.
You will then be able to run backup actions, reset and recovery - guaranteed - even if you can not start your normal operating system.