Easy creation backup, restore and Bare Metal Restore. The little fish (formerly Redo Backup and Recovery) is so simple that anyone can use it. It's an easy, complete troubleshooting solution for your computer. Allows Bare Metal reset.
For those who don't know, Bare metal restore (bare metal means system without operating) is not only the best solution for its failure hardware, but it is also the absolute antivirus: Even if your hard drive is completely erased by a virus, you can have a fully functional system within 10 minutes.
All your documents and settings will be restored to exactly the same state they were in when you made the backup.
Rescuezilla is a Live USB, so it doesn't matter if you're using Windows, Mac or Linux. You can use the same tool to backup and restore each machine. It is open source released with permission GPL, it is completely free for personal and commercial use.
Read more characteristics
Rescuezilla has many features combined with a very simple and user-friendly management screen:
- Easy UI with bootable USB (within seconds)
- No installation required running from a USB stick or a CD-ROM
- Saves and restores Windows, Mac and Linux machines
- Automatically find local shared networks
- Get access to your files even if you can't log in
- Recover deleted images, documents and other files
- Internet access with full Browser to download drivers
- The size of the Live CD is about 620MB
- It has over 2.000.000 downloads
How does it work;
Most creation programs backup and reset require your system to boot to perform the reset. But what if you can't start Windows? What if you are infected with a virus and can not open Windows at all to restore it as it was?
Rescuezilla does not need Windows. Download and write the ISO on a USB stick and restart your machine. The system will load a complete mini operating system with a user interface point-and-click on your computer's memory without writing any information on your hard drive.
You will then be able to run backup actions, reset and recovery - guaranteed - even if you can not start your normal operating system.