Danger on its Android devices Samsung. Many important security vulnerabilities were discovered in its pre-installed applications Samsung. These gaps could give malicious users access to obtain personal data without the knowledge of the owners but also to take full control of the devices.
Sergey Toshin, founder of security company Oversecured, said on Thursday:
"The impact of these errors could allow an attacker to gain access to the victim's contacts, calls, SMS / MMS, install arbitrary applications with device administrator privileges, or write arbitrary code on behalf of a system user. could change the device settings ”.
The following is a list of the seven vulnerabilities:
- CVE-2021-25356 - Bypass Authentication
- CVE-2021-25388 - Vulnerability in Knox Core for arbitrary application installation
- CVE-2021-25390 - PhotoTable intent redirection
- CVE-2021-25391 - Insecure Folder Intent Redirection
- CVE-2021-25392 - You can access the DeX alert policy file
- CVE-2021-25393 - As a system user, you can gain read / write access to arbitrary files (affects the Settings application)
- CVE-2021-25397 - Arbitrary registration of TelephonyUI files
Security researchers warn that the above loopholes could be used to install arbitrary third-party applications, grant device administrator privileges to uninstall other installed applications or steal sensitive files, read or write arbitrary files as system users, and even execute activities.
Oversecured has introduced a PoC that proves that it is possible to take advantage of PhotoTable intent redirection and Insecure Folder Intent Redirection to infringe changing the rights of applications to access SD cards and read contacts stored on the phone .
Similarly, using security vulnerabilities CVE-2021-25397 and CVE-2021-25392, an attacker could overwrite the malicious SMS / MMS message file and steal data from the user notifications.
Η Samsung suggests installing the latest firmware updates immediately.