Sony Mobile announced at the Mobile World Congress 2013 conference in Barcelona Sony Tablet Z. The Tablet Z is a 10,1-inch tablet with very good technical features, however Sony emphasizes some special points that make the Tablet Z stand out: water and dust tolerance, screen, connectivity, battery "With stamina" and taking photos with Exmor R sensors for mobile phones.
Initially, it claims that Tablet Z is the lightest and finest tablet in its class, with a thickness 6,9 millimeters and weight 495 grams. Then, he stresses that he successfully passed the tests for his good functioning in environments with enough powder, but also immersed in water, in accordance with the conditions described in the IP55 and IP57 standards. The Sony Tablet Z lasts for half an hour immersed in pure water (15 cm to 1 meter) - it can for example play music on a Bluetooth speaker being immersed in water. However, Sony does not urge us to immerse the tablet in water, just to promise "A few drops or splashes will not create a problem."
See the comparison made by Sony people with the Apple iPad (reports are also made on iPad 4 and iPad mini).
Sony's competitive advantage also shows everything that is on the tablet screen, since they are working on the same people working on televisions Sony Bravia. Tablet Z has a 10,1 diagonal screen, with HD WUXGA resolution controlled by Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2, the special feature of which is to improve contrast, increase saturation of colors for certain shades, and reduce noise when the video is of low quality but also to impose a "clarity filter" to make the image more detailed.
- 10,1 "HD 1920x1200p WUXGA screen with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- S-Force Front Surround 3D
- Snapdragon S4 Pro with Quad CPU 1,5GHz and 2GB RAM
- One-touch connectivity with Near Field Communication (NFC)
- OmniBalance design with slightly rounded edges and smooth reflective lines
- 8 MP rear camera with "Exmor R for mobile" and Superior Auto plus 2MP HD front camera
- Battery with STAMINA function
Tablet Z has many options for communicating with other home appliances like Wi-Fi, DLNA, MHL (apart from communication, it also takes charge of the tablet); Bluetooth. Sony also places emphasis on ultra-short range wireless communication, NFC and displays NFC tags that when placed in the appropriate position adjust the tablet function to the user's preferences (eg to play a different playlist when reading the label in the car and a different list when reading the label in the house keyfob) .
Tablet Z will be released in two versions with Wi-Fi only but with a chip 4G / LTE for the exploitation of fourth-generation mobile networks, where these are available.
Sony pays special attention to the issue of Tablet Z's autonomy and emphasizes that this time it has equipped it with better power management technology: everything that runs unnecessarily in the background turns off when the monitor does not work, retaining selective message alerts, calls or facebook updates. This management is called Battery Stamina, after taking care not to use the 6.000mAh battery of Tablet Z unnecessarily, at least not at the expense of critical updates.
Finally, the company does not fail to mention Tablet Z's ability to capture photos and videos. In Tablet Z, the sensors on the main and front camera are a version of the "revolutionary" Exmor r of Sony cameras that were made to shoot great photos even in the light of candles. In Tablet Z, the sensor is an "Exmor R for mobile" version.
The Sony Tablet Z will bring Android 4.1 JellyBean, which will be upgraded to Android 4.2.
The Sony Tablet Z will be released in the second quarter of 2013, but more information about the price or countries of disposal has not been made known. Its release comes from a variety of sources in May and prices start from 499 dollars for the 16GB, and 100 dollars more expensive for the 32GB model (memory is expandable with microSD).
- Finally, Sony Mobile announced its launch Sony Xperia Z, of the company's top smartphone announced in January, adding that the Xperia Z has won 13 awards and has achieved the largest distribution from any Sony smartphone to date, with 140 sales channels at 60 markets worldwide. The two products perfectly combine Sony's premium technology, entertainment, design and connectivity features, the announcement said. It is said that the Tablet Z is connected to Xperia Z to give it "power" (ie battery).