Do you want to hide one or more applications that you have installed and that appear in the Add / Remove Programs (Programs and Features) of Windows? There may be reasons for this
1. if you do not want anyone to know that the program is installed on your computer.
2. if you do not want to remove it.
3. the application has already been removed, but the entry remains in the list.
How can you remove an item from the application list without uninstalling it?
There is a simple trick used to hide programs from your parents, friends or family. You can manually hide programs from the Windows Programs and Features gadget according to microsoft.
1. In the search type regedit and open the application.
2. Locate and click on the key below and make a backup
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Uninstall
3. Each key in the Uninstall section also represents a program that appears in the Add or Remove Programs option.
4. Under the DisplayName value data, Specify the registry key that represents the program in Add / Remove Programs, right-click the key, and then click Delete. This way it is quite tedious, especially if you want to hide a lot of applications.
That's why you need Sordum's free portable app, Hide From Uninstall List, to simplify the process
How to use the "Hide from uninstall list" application
1. After decompressing, run the program, and you will see all the installed programs listed in your computer.
2. There are two ways to hide an installed application
a) You can highlight the Program and use the Ghost icon (Use the Eye icon to display it)
b) Right click on the application registration and use the menu "Hide from Programs and features List"
3. You can also hide the entire list of programs and features by selecting the "Hide (Programs and features)" check box
Once you select the box, the classic program uninstall panel, also known as "Programs and Features" will no longer display
Supported systems: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Xp
Supported Languages: English, Turkish, German, Bulgarian, French, Slovenian, Polish, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Russian, Italian, greek , Spanish, Japanese, Hungarian, Hebrew, Portuguese (Brazilian), Thai, Dutch (Nederlands)