For a system administrator, having to do a security analysis of his system and software updates on a daily basis can be a burden.
To avoid wasting time and being more productive at work, it is common for a system administrator to choose not to use the automatic update option provided by the package manager and to perform the update manually. This leads to the following problems.
- A system administrator should be constantly on the lookout for new vulnerabilities in NVD (National Vulnerability Database) or similar databases.
- It is not possible for the system administrator to monitor the entire operating system if there is a large amount of software on the server.
- It is expensive to perform an analysis to identify the servers affected by new vulnerabilities. It is possible for a server to be compromised during the analysis.
Vuls is a tool created to solve the problems listed above. It has the following features.
- Informs users about system-related vulnerabilities.
- Informs users about affected servers.
- Vulnerability detection is done automatically to avoid any breach.
- The report is generated on a regular basis using CRON or other methods. for vulnerability management.
- Performs Scan to find vulnerabilities in Linux/ FreeBSD Server
- Scans software that is not included in the operating system package management
- It has impeccable architecture
- No approval required before scanning to AWS
- It has automatic creation of a configuration file template
- Notification is possible via email and Slack
- The scan result is visible in programs such as the TUI Viewer in the terminal or UI Web (VulsRepo).
You can download the program from here