For a system administrator, having to do a security analysis of his system and software updates on a daily basis can be a burden.
To avoid wasting time and being more productive at work, it is common for a system administrator to choose not to use the automatic update option provided by the package manager and to perform the update manually. This leads to the following problems.
- A system administrator should be constantly on the lookout for new vulnerabilities in NVD (National Vulnerability Database) or similar databases.
- It is not possible for the system administrator to monitor the entire operating system if there is a large amount of software on the server.
- It is expensive to perform an analysis to identify the servers affected by new vulnerabilities. It is possible for a server to be compromised during the analysis.
Vuls is a tool created to solve the problems listed above. It has the following features.
- Informs users about system-related vulnerabilities.
- Informs users about affected servers.
- Vulnerability detection is done automatically to avoid any breach.
- The report is generated on a regular basis using CRON or other methods. for vulnerability management.
- Performs Scan to find vulnerabilities in Linux/ FreeBSD Server
- Scans software that is not included in the operating system package management
- It has impeccable architecture
- No approval required before scanning to AWS
- It has automatic creation of a configuration file template
- Notification is possible via email and Slack
- The scan result is visible in programs such as the TUI Viewer in the terminal or UI Web (VulsRepo).
You can download the program from here
Registration in iGuRu.gr via email
Follow us on Google News