Wi Fi 6: H. Wi-Fi Alliance started on Monday a new era with the launch of the Wi-Fi Certified 6 program.
Wi Fi 6 (also known as 802.11ax) was officially introduced at speeds up to 37% higher than the previous generation Wi-Fi (802.11ac), increased bandwidth for higher latency performance, greater network capacity, and MU- support MIMO (Multi-User Multiple Input Multiple Output) for greater download efficiency on multiple devices at the same time.
Edgar Figueroa, president and CEO of Wi-Fi Alliance, said:
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 is launching a new era in Wi-Fi for better performance in every environment for users, greater networking capability for service providers, improved customer coverage and new opportunities for advanced applications. Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 will offer connectivity improvements, even in high-density locations and in IoT environments.
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 also supports the latest generation of Wi-Fi security, WPA3. Supports multiple rectangular frequency division access (OFDMA) to increase network efficiency and reduce latency in both Download and Upload in high demand environments. It supports target wake time (TWT) to significantly improve battery life on Wi-Fi devices and quadrature amplitude modulation (1024-QAM) to increase the availability of Wi-Fi devices.
The first Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 products (Wi Fi 6) have the following chips:
- Broadcom® BCM4375
- Broadcom® BCM43698
- Broadcom® BCM43684
- Cypress CYW 89650 Auto-Grade Wi-Fi 6 Certified
- Intel® Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) AX200 (for PCs)
- Intel® Home Wi-Fi Chipset WAV600 Series (for routers and gateways)
- Marvell 88W9064 (4 × 4) Wi-Fi 6 Dual-Band STA
- Marvell 88W9064 (4 × 4) + 88W9068 (8 × 8) Wi-Fi 6 Concurrent Dual-Band AP
- Qualcomm® Networking Pro 1200 Platform
- Qualcomm® FastConnect 6800 Wi-Fi 6 Mobile Connectivity Subsystem
- Ruckus R750 Wi-Fi 6 Access Point
More information on Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6: https://www.wi-fi.org/discover-wi-fi/wi-fi-certified-6
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Apple's iPhone 11 are the first smartphones to support 6 Wi-Fi technology.
- MyPublicWiFi: WiFi Access Point with Firewall and URL Tracking
- How many types of Wi-Fi are available. Guide for Beginners
- Wi-Fi: because of the same frequency as microwave ovens