After months of testing, Microsoft today released the final version of Windows 11 on the Release Preview channel. This is the last step before the new version of Windows is released to existing devices on October 5.
If you do not want to wait until October 5, you can install Release Preview on Windows 10 today and get the free upgrade to Windows 11 for free.
See how you can upgrade to Windows 11 today:
- Check if your computer is compatible with Windows 11 using the application PC Health of Microsoft.
- If your computer is supported, you will need to sign up for Windows Insider from the company website.
- On your existing computer (Windows 10), go to Settings> Update & Security> Windows Insider
- Click the Start button and sign in to the Microsoft account you used to register as a Windows Insider.
- When prompted to select Insider settings, select Release Preview ring.
- Accept Microsoft Terms and restart your PC.
- Go back to Settings> Update and Security and you'll see a new banner with the optional Windows 11 update.
- Click "download and install" and follow the instructions.
After upgrading to Windows 11, you can reopen Settings> Windows Update and select "Stop downloading preview versions".
Microsoft has also released ISO files for the final version of Windows 11, (22000.194).