Talks with bold heads, technical workshops, design sprints, networking opportunities and more. Tomorrow, Tuesday, March 31st, its global program and brand is finally coming to Greece Google, "women Techmakers"(WTM), which was first introduced by 2012 by then Google Deputy [x], Megan Smith.
Σήμερα επικεφαλής του “Women Techmakers” είναι η υπέρμαχος των γυναικών στο χώρο της Τεχνολογίας, Natalie Villalobos μαζί με μια παγκόσμια ομάδα από Googlers που το πάθος τους είναι να ενδυναμώσουν τις γυναίκες της τεχνολογίας αυξάνοντας την projection τους και προσφέροντας τους μια παγκόσμια κοινότητα και τα απαραίτητα εφόδια.
Throughout the year, Women Techmakers in Greece will praise technology women, not only through numerous initiatives such as conferences, seminars, workshops, members' representation at various global events, debates, and more. Women Techmakers are an important tool to recognize how women's presence has affected the technology industry and beyond.
Google Developers in Thessaloniki, official organizers and supporters of WTM in Greece, intend through these actions to highlight the contributions of women to technology and are thrilled that they continue to this day. They are proud to have the support of an excellent panel that will be attending tomorrow at the opening ceremony at the Thessaloniki Concert Hall, the Maurice Saltiel Hall (M2M), by 18.30. The event will also be attended by the US Consul in Thessaloniki, Robert P. Sanders, as honorary guest.
18.30 | Attendance
19.00 - 19.30 | Welcome
19.30 - 21.00 | Speeches and open discussions with:
● Liana Goutas (Director, International Government Affairs, HELLENIC PETROLEUM Group, President of the Women's Managers & Entrepreneurs Division, EYD of Macedonia)
● Rallio Lepidou (Journalist - Creator ka-business.gr)
● Katerina Kanellidou (leadership, executive coach)
● Fofo Bonio (Journalist, Member of the Union of Editors)
● Eva Komapaki (co-founder of jamjar.gr)
● Vera Papagelopoulou (co-founder of jamjar.gr)
● Sophia Repou (Psychologist, Researcher)
● Maria Makri (founder of theproject.gr)
● Victoria Sinikliyski (IT student)
19.30 - 21.00 | Speeches and open discussions from Athens via Hangouts with:
● Olga Stavropoulou (President of the consulting Militos SA & Co-Founder of the Social Enterprise "knowl for Education & Lifelong Learning")
● Marika Lambrou (General Manager, Business Imaging & Professional Print Group, INTERSYS)
● Basol Kollia (former Secretary General for Gender Equality)
● Christina Frenzou (project manager of EU Affairs of the consultancy Militos SA)
● Kseniia Shumelchyk (head of WTM Ukraine)
● Αθανασία Τσακίρη (CEO, Direct Solutions – Innovative Applications and Services Private Company)
● Xenia Ziouvelou (senior research scientist)
20.45 - 21.00 | Global WTM Hangout where leaders from other communities around the world will welcome WTM Greece.
21.15 - 22.00 | Parallel workshops:
● Android Wear Concepts Kseniia Shumelchyk
● Map the entrepreneurial journey: Goal Setting through profiling Katerina Kanellidou
● WordPress | Athanasios Panagiotidis
During the Women Techmakers event, a "Interactive Lab" pilot project will be launched in collaboration with Mataroa, which recently organized the successful Code Girls program (a code-learning program exclusively for 10-16 girls which took place in Kalamata and Kozani).
The Interactive Lab is an experiment to introduce the girls who attended Mataroa's program and beyond, to using the internet and its capabilities to "teleport" commands to receivers in other parts of the world. For this particular experiment there will be one robot in Thessaloniki that will receive orders from Kalamata through a specific program.
Entrance to Women Techmakers is free but registration is mandatory and can be done either at the Concert Hall or by following this link: http://goo.gl/YwYPqU