The update KB456754 circulates as quality information, so will be installed automatically. After that, the classic Edge will disappear and you will no longer be able to uninstall the Chromium-based browser version.
What 's new in KB456754
- The Start menu shortcut, tiles, and shortcuts for the current version Microsoft Edge will show the new Microsoft Edge.
- The young Microsoft Edge will be pinned to the taskbar.
- The young Microsoft Edge will add a shortcut to the desktop.
- By default, most protocols handled by Microsoft Edge will be transferred to the new Microsoft Edge.
- The attempt to start the old version Microsoft Edge will redirect to the new Microsoft Edge.
- The First Run Experience (FRE) will start automatically the first time a device is restarted after installing the new Microsoft Edge. This will not happen on devices connected to a domain, Active Directory, or Azure AD Windows 10 Enterprise and Surface Hub Editions.
- Data from previous versions Microsoft Edge (such as passwords, favorites, open tabs) will also be available in the new Microsoft Edge.
- The young Microsoft Edge does not support the removal of the application