Η Dell EMC recently announced new products and services in its field high performance computing (HPC), in the in cloudAt software, systems and successful customer applications, continuing to focus on its democratization HPC to more businesses on every scale, optimizing technology innovations HPC and promoting his community HPC.
"The global market HPC αναμένεται ότι θα ξεπεράσει τα $30 δισεκατομμύρια το 2016 για όλες τις δαπάνες σε προϊόντα και υπηρεσίες, συμπεριλαμβανομένων servers, software, storage space, in cloud and other categories, with growth estimated at 5,2 percent of the average annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2020, "he said Addison Snell, CEO, Intersect360 Research. "Enhanced by union with EMCThe Dell will be the leader in the overall revenue share of the site HPC, καθώς βαδίζουμε προς το 2017".
Democratization HPC to expand business opportunities
- The Dell EMC HPC System for Life Science which will be available with PowerEdge C6320p Server & Hosting, equipped with processors Intel® Xeon Phi™ μέχρι τις αρχές του 1ου τριμήνου του 2017. Με αυτόν τον τρόπο επιταχύνονται τα αποτελέσματα για τα κέντρα βιοπληροφορικής, που αποσκοπούν στον εντοπισμό θεραπειών μέσα σε κλινικά προσδιορισμένα χρονοδιαγράμματα, με την ταυτόχρονη προστασία εμπιστευτικών δεδομένων.
- New services to accelerate its exploitation in cloud from Cycle Computing, which promote the coordination and management of services in cloud, linking to three of the largest public infrastructure platforms in cloud, Azure, AWS and Google. This allows customers of every scale to use their local systems efficiently, while at the same time they have unified access to the huge resources of the public in cloud, for his needs HPC.
- The offer from Dell EMC to its customers Intel® HPC Orchestrator, in this quarter, to help them simplify installation, management and ongoing maintenance of systems HPC. It Intel® HPC Orchestrator, is based on OpenHPC, one project open source software, and can help accelerate the production of customer results and value-for-money HPC.
Optimizing the portfolio HPC with the aim of efficiency and efficiency
Η Dell EMC, as a world leader in sales server, business class storage systems and converged infrastructure, provides a strong portfolio, optimized for HPC, available in a single set. New examples of innovative technology HPC are presented at the conference SC16, including:
- Their Dell EMC PowerEdge C4130 and R730 servers πare now available with accelerators NVIDIA® Tesla™ P100, designed to increase data transit and save money for HPC and very large scale date Centers, promoting intensive deep learning applications and applying artificial intelligence techniques to promote scientific achievements.
- The Communication on the University of Pisa that he uses Dell EMC PowerEdge C4130 servers, with accelerators NVIDIA Tesla P100 and a deep learning system NVIDIA Deep Learning But by the full GPU acceleration tech Training System (DIGITS), for deep learning and sequencing applications DNA.
- Their additions Dell EMC Isilon, DSSD, ScaleIO and Elastic Cloud storage (ECS) in the expanded portfolio HPC, which further accelerate its storage and utilization capabilities in cloud for system customers HPC.
Boosting his community HPC and helping customers to accelerate the pace of innovation
The research center MIT Lincoln Laboratory Supercomputing Center (LLSC) has chosen it Dell EMC to install a system HPC 648 nodes through the early access program Dell EMC and Intel for the processor Intel® Xeon Phi™. The new "TX-Green"Of his LLSC, which is one of the largest in its kind on the east coast of the US, exceeds one petaflop, allowing the center to quadruple its computational capacity.
That's it new system HPC provides researchers and collaborators LLSC a very significant increase in the center's capabilities in interactive and customized analysis of large volumes of data, applied to research in scientific fields such as space observation, robotics, cyber-security, mechanical learning, sensor processing, electronic devices, bioinformatics and air traffic control.
The University Peking chose it Dell EMC to install two HPC clusters in order to develop the cryopreservation (cryo-EM), in collaboration with its University Harvard. The systems have 144 nodes and about 2 petabytes storage with the Intel EE Chandelier, allowing university researchers to map the three-dimensional structure of biological macromolecules with the aim of designing inhibitors and developing new drugs that will lead to the treatment of patients suffering from cancer and other diseases.