GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a raster graphics editor. The new GIMP 2.10.8 has just been released, it is available for all known platforms (download links at the end of the post) and you can download it for free.
The GIMP is a multifunctional photo editing tool. The GIMP is an acronym for GNU image editor. The GIMP is suitable for a variety of image manipulation tasks, including photo editing, compositing and construction image.
The GIMP it has many possibilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, a high-quality photo editor, an instant batch editor system, a mass-produced image output, an image type converter, etc.
The GIMP is expandable and expandable. It is designed to be augmented with add-ons and extensions to do almost anything. The advanced script interface allows any of the simplest work to the most complex image processing processes to easily become scenarios.
One of his forces GIMP is its free availability from many sources for many operating systems. Most distributions GNULinux include the GIMP as standard application. It GIMP it is also available for other operating systems like Microsoft Windows ή Mac OS X Apple (Darwin).
The GIMP is a free software application covered by the general public license [LPG]. The LPG provides users with the freedom to access and change the source code that compose computer programs.
The first version of it GIMP was written by Peter Mattis and Spencer Kimball. Many other developers have recently contributed, and thousands of others have provided support and control. Its versions GIMP orchestrated recently by Sven Neumann and Mitch Natterer and the other members of the group GIMP.
The following list is a brief overview of some of the features and capabilities that it offers you GIMP:
- A complete set of painting tools including brushes, pencil, airbrush, cloning etc
- Cache-based memory management, so image size is limited only by available disk space
- Sub-pixel sampling for all painting tools for high-quality smoothing
- Full alpha channel support for transparent work
- Layers and canals
- A procedural database for calling internal functions GIMP from external programs such as Script-Fu
- Advanced scenario capabilities
- Multiple cancellations / cancellations (limited only by disk space)
- Transforming tools that include rotation, scaling, warping and inversion
- Support for a wide range of formats files, which includes GIF, JPEG, PNG, XPM, TIFF, TGA, MPEG, PS, PDF, PCX, BMP and many more
- Tools choices which include rectangle, ellipse, free pick fuzzy bezier pick and smart scissor
- Plugins that allow easy addition of new file types and new filters effects.
GIMP 2.10.12 (2.10.10)