GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a raster graphics editor. The new GIMP 2.10.32 has just been released, and is available for major operating systems. The download links are at the end of the post, and of course you can download it for free.
The GIMP it is a tool processing photoof many functional. The GIMP is an acronym for GNU editor image. The GIMP is suitable for a variety of image handling tasks, including photo editing, image composition and construction.
The GIMP has many possibilities. It can be used as a simple dyeing program, a high quality photo editing program, a direct group processing system, a mass production image rendering, an image converter,
The GIMP is expandable and scalable. It is designed to be augmented with additives and extensions to do almost anything. The advanced script interface allows everything from the simplest task to the most complex image editing processes to be easily scripted.
One of his forces GIMP is its free availability from many sources for many operating systems. Most distributions GNULinux include the GIMP as a typical application. The GIMP it is also available for other operating systems like Microsoft Windows ή Mac OS X Apple (Darwin).
The GIMP is a free software application covered by the general public license [LPG]. The LPG provides users with the freedom to access and change the source code that compose computer programs.
The first version of it GIMP was written by Peter Mattis and Spencer Kimball. Many other developers have recently contributed, and thousands of others have provided support and control. Its versions GIMP orchestrated recently by Sven Neumann and Mitch Natterer and the other members of the group GIMP.
The following list is a brief overview of some of the features and capabilities that it offers you GIMP:
- A complete set of painting tools including brushes, pencil, airbrush, cloning etc
- Management μνήμηrow-based, so image size is limited only by available disk space
- Sub-pixel sampling for all painting tools for high-quality smoothing
- Full alpha channel support for transparent work
- Layers and canals
- A procedural database for calling internal functions GIMP from external programs such as Script-Fu
- Advanced scenario capabilities
- Multiple cancellations / cancellations (limited only by disk space)
- Transforming tools that include rotation, scaling, warping and inversion
- Support for a wide range of file formats, including GIF, JPEG, PNG, XPM, TIFF, TGA, MPEG, PS, PDF, PCX, BMP and many more
- Tools choices which include rectangle, ellipse, free pick fuzzy bezier pick and smart scissor
- Add-ons that allow easy addition of new file types and new effects filters.