Developers of the powerful, free, open source Krita digital painting software have announced the release of Krita 4.0 Beta 1
Krita is a graphics processor that uses Qt 5 and the KDE 5 framework. Krita is designed to be a digital painting application.
It has been affected to some extent by software such as Corel Painter and SAI. The application packs along with some basic features some different features from most of its applications, including the ability to work with both bitmap and vector illustrations.
Application developers are also trying to simplify user interaction and focus on features that are more relevant to painting and drawing.
Krita is a free software distributed under the GNU General Public License (2 version). Originally released as part of KOffice version 1.4.0, 21 June 2005.
The program can run in Windows (also in Windows Store), Linux, and Mac OSX environments for both X64 or X86 architectures.
- 64 bits Windows: Krita-x64-220.127.116.11-setup.exe
- Portable 64 bits Windows: Krita-x64-18.104.22.168.zip
- Debug symbols. (Unpack in the Krita installation folder)
- 64 bits Linux: Critia-4.0.0-beta.1-x86_64.appimage
- OSX disk image: Krita-4.0.0-beta.1.dmg
- Source code: Krita-22.214.171.124.1.tar.gz
For all downloads: