Sophos Intercept X for Mobile provides top-notch protection against malware and other mobile threats.
The application has a consistent 100% protection rating compared to AV-TEST with the top security and antivirus applications for Android.
The Sophos app fully protects your Android device and your privacy without affecting battery performance or life. You can have all of the following for free:
Protection against malicious programs
• Scan applications and media for malicious or inappropriate content.
• Block websites with malicious, unwanted or illegal content.
• Check the links you click on in non-browser applications for malicious or inappropriate content.
• Protect applications with a password.
• Check your connection for man-in-the-middle attacks.
• List of applications that have access to your personal data or that may cost you.
• Get tips on how to improve device security.
Secure QR code scanner
• Perform security checks when scanning QR codes that include URLs, contacts, or Wi-Fi connection data.
• Store all your account data in an application-compatible password database KeePass (which we highly recommend).
• Generate a time-based (TOTP, RFC 6238) and counter-based (HOTP, RFC 4226) password for multi-factor authentication.
• Connect the app to Sophos Mobile to allow your organization to manage your device.
Intune Mobile Threat Defense (MTD)
• Connect the application to your organization's Microsoft Intune account to restrict access to corporate data based on device compliance status. This is what Sophos Central requires.
• Rights are required to monitor incoming data and to detect and terminate threats. More information: https://sophos.com/kb/117499
• The application uses the device administrator license when you enable application protection.
• The application uses accessibility services.
Battery and data usage
• Malware definitions are updated once a day to protect you. This uses a small amount of data.
• Initial full scan of each installed application causes a one-time (once) increase in battery usage.
• Knowledge base: https://community.sophos.com/kb?TopicId=1294
• Support Forum: https://community.sophos.com/products/mobile-device-protection/f/18
• Use the SDK for premium antivirus in your application: https://www.sophos.com/AndroidSDK