As technology advances, it is important to make sure your children stay safe online.
The internet is a great resource for finding information, but it is important to be aware of the potential risks. When browsing the web, make sure your parents know what you are looking for.
Here are some safety tips to keep in mind when accessing the web:
- Do not give out your password, name, address, school name or any information about your family to anyone
- Do not talk to strangers
- Do not agree to meet anyone you have met online
- Do not fill out any form that asks for your name and address
- Do not visit chat rooms without your parents' permission
- Do not stay online if you see something you think your parents would not agree with.
- Do not upload your photos without your parents' permission
- Do not download or install any software on your computer without your parents' permission
- If you have questions about something you are reading, ask your parent or guardian
- If talking to someone online makes you feel uncomfortable, remember that you do not need to talk to them again and just ignore them.