This guide will show you how to prevent a computer running Windows 10 from connecting to a mobile phone.
As you know, there are some applications that were pre-installed in Windows 10. These are basic applications that most home users usually need, such as the "Phone" application. If you are a corporate system administrator and you want to prevent employees from connecting your Windows 10 PC to PC, then this article is for you.
Preventing a phone-to-computer connection could be one of the most important requirements for your company or organization. End users can use the "Phone" application to connect to their computer and through the intranet to use their phone to connect to the system. And because as a computer administrator you may not want this to happen, Microsoft has added a Group Policy setting to meet this requirement.
When there is an arrangement in the policy group, then there are basically two methods of applying that arrangement. Through the political group and through the register. Let's go and see them both.
Method 1 - Use a political group
1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor. If you do not know how, then press Win + R at the same time and in the "Run" window that appears type gpedit.msc and then press OK.
2. Next, in the Local Group Policy Editor window and in the left pane, go here:
Computer Settings> Management Templates> System> Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates> System> Group Policy
3. Now go to the right part of the Policy group and look for the policy setting called "Connecting a phone-computer to this device". Double-click the policy to modify it.
4. Set the policy status to On, click the "Apply" button, and then click the "OK" button. Quit Group Policy Editor and restart your system for the changes to take effect.
After restarting your system, customers will see the following screen when launching your Phone application. Therefore, they cannot connect their phone to the computer.
Method 2 - Use a registry
You can also try this registry manipulation to turn off the phone-computer connection in Windows 10.
1. It is recommended to create one System Restore point before modifying the registry.
2. Open Registry Editor and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ System.
3. Create a DWORD value (32 bit) in this location, name it EnableMmx and let its value data remain at 0.
4. Quit Registry Editor and restart your computer to make your changes effective.