If you can not modify settings in your Microsoft Edge browser because it states that your organization manages it, read below.
Ever since Microsoft adopted the Chromium open source engine for the Edge browser, browser adoption has greatly improved.
The new Microsoft Edge offers new features, stability and better performance. But if you are using the new Microsoft Edge and you can not modify some browser settings, because you see the following message below we will see how you can fix it.
If you see the above message you cannot change some of the available settings in the browser. Settings that you can not change appear gray.
Let's see what you can do:
Log out of the work account and log in with the personal account
If you are logged in to the Microsoft Edge browser with your work account, the message is expected. However, you can also log in to the browser with a personal account.
Your IT administrator may also make some policy settings that prevent you from configuring some of your browser settings.
1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser, click your profile icon, and select Manage profile settings.
2. This will take you to the profile section and browser settings. Click the Exit button next to your job account.
3. A pop-up window will appear, just click Exit
4. Log in again now, but with your personal account. You will no longer see the message.
Restore Microsoft Edge policies
If you are an IT / administrator and your customers are complaining about this message, you can fix it.
1. Open the Microsoft Edge Chromium browser.
2. In the URL, type the inner edge: // policy and press the Enter key. You will see the next page as shown in the screenshot below.
3. You will need to clear these settings and reset them to the default or non-configured state. You can click the policy setting link, which will take you to the corresponding policy description in Microsoft Docs. Using the available information, you can reset a policy setting very easily.
Once you remove all policies, your customers will no longer see your organization's message.