Microsoft Patch Tuesday has brought new cumulative updates for Windows 10 users, regardless of the version they are running.
The new cumulative updates focus primarily on improving the security of Windows 10 and fixing vulnerabilities in the operating system and other embedded applications.
According to the official changelog, most updates resolve an unauthorized increase in privileges in win32k, along with security fixes for various components of the operating system:
"Security Updates for Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Media, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Authentication, Windows Virtualization, and Windows Kernel."
The following cumulative updates have been available since last night for Windows 10 users:
- Windows 10 version 1507 - KB4580327 (OS Build 10240.18725)
- Windows 10 version 1607 - KB4580346 (OS Build 14393.3986)
- Windows 10 version 1703 - KB4580370 (OS Build 15063.2525)
- Windows 10 version 1709 - KB4580328 (OS Build 16299.2166)
- Windows 10 version 1803 - KB4580330 (OS Build 17134.1792)
- Windows 10 version 1809 - KB4577668 (OS Build 17763.1518)
- Windows 10 versions 1903/1909 - KB4577671 (OS Builds 18362.1139 and 18363.1139)
- Windows 10 version 2004 - KB4579311 (OS Build 19041.572)
- Windows 10 version 20H2 (for Insiders in Beta Release Preview Channels) - KB4579311 (OS Build 19042.572)
Needless to say, all updates are available through standard Windows Update, WSUS, and Microsoft Update Catalog distribution channels.
We are not aware of any installation issues at this time, but we will follow up to let you know.
Registration in iGuRu.gr via email
Follow us on Google News