"Windows 10 has successfully completed the upgrade to Windows 10 October 2018 Update Version 1809. All your personal files have been deleted."
The installation screen of the new Windows 10 could be mentioned. Microsoft's new update for unknown reasons at the moment deletes personal data from the Documents folder or the Greek Documents.
So the company decided to get the update back, with Dona Sarkar stating that in the event of a deletion call support, and bringing your computer to a "good stage."
How true is the answer above and why Mrs Sarkar uses the tag at the beginning of the tweet #WindowsInsiders, since the information was officially released for all?
Let's say the update did not present problems for everyone. But what would you say if a file you've been collecting for years disappears from your computer?
I have just updated my windows using the October update (10, version 1809). It deleted all my files of 23 years in amount of 220GB. This is unbelievable, ”he said. he says Robert Ziko, a Windows 10 user on Microsoft support forums.
I imagine that those who have experienced such damage will not be covered by Mrs Sarkar's answer, because they just want their records rather than their computer at a good stage.
In any case, Microsoft needs to take the issue seriously, and when I mention an issue I do not mean an update that fixes the above problem. The issue seems to be how the structure of development and testing is set up.
In a previous publication we mentioned that although Microsoft had reported the deletion of files, the company seemed to overcome it, ignoring the importance of the issue.
The company's tests seem to be lagging behind and not to reach the speed of growth, or even if they keep up, the importance is not given to everything that is mentioned.
Just remember all previous versions:
1507, 1511 (November Update), 1607 (Anniversary Update), 1703 (Creators Update), 1709 (Fall Creators Update), 1803 (April 2018 Update):
Windows 10 November Update
- Window 10 1511 deletes applications without the user's permission
- Microsoft removes the ISO Window 10 1511
- Microsoft Window 10 1511 spying without warnings
10 Anniversary Windows Update
- Window 10 Anniversary Update: new update, new déjà vu
- Window 10 Anniversary Update Camera does not work FIX
- Slow Internet after Upgrading to Window 10 Anniversary Update
- Window 10 Anniversary Update Errors 0x80070057 and 0xa0000400
Windows 10 April 2018 Update
- Window 10 April 2018 Update BSOD everything you need to know
- WindUws 10 April 2018 Update Repair of 0xc1900101
- Window 10 Spring Creators, a pretty flattering story
Nevertheless WindUws 10 exist in almost 700 million active devices, while Mrs Sarkar sees the issue loosely.